Friday, June 23, 2006

Horrible Storm Sweeps Through Ohio



Tornado sirens sent residents of Findlay and Hancock County running for cover Thursday afternoon, as severe thunderstorms pounded northwest Ohio for the third time in less than 24 hours.
I was at work frightened. The sky got terribly dark and it looked as evil as I ever saw it before. I was hearing sirens go off all over and the storm just getting closer.

Then all the sudden the rain started pounding on the roof, 4:00 in the afternoon at work. All the sudden my name gets paged over the intercome, I pick it up and its my friend Laura from Findlay. She warns me about the storm that is heading our way, 80 mile mph winds, 1/4 inch size hail and tornado warnings sorrounded us. Then all the sudden I hear the dial tone. As of now I still haven't got ahold of her, but I am in hopes that her electric just is out.
In the town of Upper Sandusky, 13 miles south of were I live, which is were my Grandma lives and many of my family members. It looks as a war zone in that town. Trees fallen straight through houses, shingles and siding ripped off house, cimis turned over left and right, and lightening struck the hospital and put a hold straight through the roof. People were evacuated from the hospital as it was just running on generator. I am thankful that nothing has happened to us and no deaths have occured to my knowledge.

No comments: